Display the Windows version on your desktop
You cannot decide what text you want to appear; it's predefined, based on the version of Windows you are running. For example, the text for Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 will be along the lines of:
1) Click the Start button, click Run, type regedit and click OK
2) On the left-hand side, navigate to (and highlight)
3) On the right-hand side, locate PaintDesktopVersion and double-click it
4) In the pop-up window, change the data to 1 and click OK
0 = Hide Windows version from desktop 1 = Show Windows version on desktop
5) Close the Windows Registry Editor as well as your other programs and reboot (or log off and log back in).